There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

.............

Current Employee - Server in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Server in Miami, FL

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible hours (even if it's a complicated schedule)
relatable and helpfull managers
good opportunity to learn in the hospitality industry
more or less decent tip/tipshare

Cons

some inconsiderate coworkers
some clientelle behave improperly and rudely and try anything at will to get more discounts
very rude back of house employees such as chefs and dishwashers

limit the discounts, it attracts the rude clientelle, and it cuts chances for both servers and the corperation to make money
im not sure if bussers are in most tgi fridays but, the tip share is unfairly distributed, the hosts get a hefty tipshare compared to bussers who go through all the biohazards of trash and being exposed to other people's bacteria, and then dont even have health benefits in return for thier hard work. the tipshare comes from servers and they would want that money to go to those who assist them directly. isnt this a legal issue?

320 Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's (View Most Recent)

Good job to get through college.

Current Employee - Server in Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quick money and fun atmosphere

Cons

Rude customers and inconsistent money

Don't nit-pick

Flexible hours and good pay...sometimes

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

If your location is full staffed then they're will always be someone willing to pick up a shift if you need the day off. If you want more hours there's always someone willing to give up a shift as well. Fast paced, can be fun sometimes and the money is good if you know what you're doing.

Cons

Can be extremely stressful most nights. In bad locations you have to deal with ignorance all of the time. People will try and make it so that they don't have to pay by finding something wrong even if it's very minor. Friday's closes at 2 and sometimes you have to stay as late as 2:30-3:00am depending on how much side work needs to be done. When it's busy and you work a double it can be hard to get a break...which is illegal!

Management needs to do a MUCH better job at controlling the people who come in to eat and not letting people walk all over servers/bartenders and trying to get a free meal

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's