Overall a fun company!

Former Employee - Bartender in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Bartender in Orlando, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friday's is not at all a stuffy company, runs all sorts of enjoyable incentive programs, and has thorough and efficient training processes. I went from hostess to food runner to server to bartender and really enjoyed it.

Cons

They have cracked down on a few policies. They no longer allow hats, visible tattoos, or smoking on property, didn't affect me in any way but I know several of my co-workers were less than thrilled with the changes.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

1. Very Corporate but fair

Former Employee - Server in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere Professional International standards Good coworkers Customers have good expectations

Cons

Very few full-time employees Stingy with benefits

Advice to Management

It's the recession, so I know times are hard. Hopefully things will improve.

2. Absolutely horrible. I was like a chicken without a head.

Former Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and fun people. Can learn a lot about the restaurant industry.

Cons

Too many responsibilities, not enough pay. I was both a Hostess and Bus girl. It was ridiculous. It's impossible to run a waitlist, take guests to their seats, answer the phones, keep the bathroom stocked and clean the tables all at the same time! All with a manager pressuring you to get people situated. (IM TRYING IM TRYING I JUST CANT DO IT FAST ENOUGH) All while making less than $10 an hour. (This could vary if you live in a more populated city where you may have more customers and make better tips). And No free food! Corporate restaurants usually do not give free food. But a 30% discount, or 50% for a shift meal.

Advice to Management

You need to have either multiple host/hostess or host/hostess and bus people! It cannot be done by just two people! Especially on a Friday or Saturday night!