T.G.I. Friday's

www.fridays.com
There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Can be a fun place to work, depending on your co-workers

Former Employee - Server in Taunton, MA
Former Employee - Server in Taunton, MA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program, they hire fun people who are great to be around for the most part. Most management I've worked with have been good.

Cons

Give out way to many coupons. Most of the regulars are cheapskates who will complain, use 5 coupons, and leave you a crummy tip. Also they hire some pretty terrible cooks, most of them are miserable and hate their job.

Care more about your employees and not just about the guests. Having people work on Thanksgiving and Christmas is just selfish, same goes for giving out a million coupons, and bringing in people who only care about a bargain and not about the place itself

367 Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's (View Most Recent)

Another corporate restaurant that loses sight of its employees

Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ
    Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working there because the hourly employees were fun, the food is usually good, and the atmosphere was up-beat. They also have a number of different benefits available (depending on if the store is Corporate of Franchise).

Cons

Many good hourly employees fall between the cracks when management and home offices follow the 'customer is always right' policy. Friday's will give away food or fire hourly employees at the drop of a hate to appease its customers. Those things do have to happen some times, but they happen weekly, or in some cases nightly, at Friday's. Also, there is no clear path laid out for hourly employees that shows them Friday's could be a career, and so many of them see it as, 'my job right now.'

Implement other, more creative strategies to calm customers who have complaints--not every problem should be fixed with free food or a fired employee. Many people who complain are not looking for free product, they just want to be heard and acknowledged.

TGI Fridays is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Waitstaff in Montgomeryville, PA
    Current Employee - Waitstaff in Montgomeryville, PA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

treat their employees very well

Cons

very corporate oriented, so there are a lot of rules and regulations

n/a