T.G.I. Friday's

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

fun job great people

Former Employee - Line Cook in Vestal, NY
Former Employee - Line Cook in Vestal, NY

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

cleal organized good equipment all in working order

Cons

parking and traffic sucks always

357 Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's (View Most Recent)

Another corporate restaurant that loses sight of its employees

Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ
    Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working there because the hourly employees were fun, the food is usually good, and the atmosphere was up-beat. They also have a number of different benefits available (depending on if the store is Corporate of Franchise).

Cons

Many good hourly employees fall between the cracks when management and home offices follow the 'customer is always right' policy. Friday's will give away food or fire hourly employees at the drop of a hate to appease its customers. Those things do have to happen some times, but they happen weekly, or in some cases nightly, at Friday's. Also, there is no clear path laid out for hourly employees that shows them Friday's could be a career, and so many of them see it as, 'my job right now.'

Implement other, more creative strategies to calm customers who have complaints--not every problem should be fixed with free food or a fired employee. Many people who complain are not looking for free product, they just want to be heard and acknowledged.

Absolutely horrible. I was like a chicken without a head.

Former Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and fun people. Can learn a lot about the restaurant industry.

Cons

Too many responsibilities, not enough pay. I was both a Hostess and Bus girl. It was ridiculous. It's impossible to run a waitlist, take guests to their seats, answer the phones, keep the bathroom stocked and clean the tables all at the same time! All with a manager pressuring you to get people situated. (IM TRYING IM TRYING I JUST CANT DO IT FAST ENOUGH) All while making less than $10 an hour. (This could vary if you live in a more populated city where you may have more customers and make better tips). And No free food! Corporate restaurants usually do not give free food. But a 30% discount, or 50% for a shift meal.

You need to have either multiple host/hostess or host/hostess and bus people! It cannot be done by just two people! Especially on a Friday or Saturday night!

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's