There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Good place to be a bartender

Current Employee - Bartender in Thornton, CO
Current Employee - Bartender in Thornton, CO

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, company is focused on innovation and is constantly changing in an attempt to meet market needs. Reasonable potential for advancement with some caveats.

Cons

Fridays often misses the mark with new drinks and menu items. Moving into management means a large pay cut in hourly rate - managers work 60 hour weeks or more for about $40-45k.

Advice to Management

Spend more time doing market research on new drinks before rolling them out and ensure they can be made quickly. Reward senior employees with better base compensation. Add paid sick days so sick employees that live paycheck to paycheck don't come to work sick and infect others. Pay vacation and sick days at the employees average rate including tips instead of minimum wage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun parttime job, not able to make rent being full time

Former Employee - Hostess in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Buford, GA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time

Pros

Servers, managers all crew members get along great and become family/friends. good discount,

Cons

only does things by the book, corporate doesn't personally interact with restaurants. Not able to drink at bar. this would only work for a parttime job, tgifridays being a family restaurant means people feel they don't need to tip if at all.

2. Company has gone downhill...

Former Employee - Hostess in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers can be fun to work with and pay at $9/hr is reasonably good for the job you do, but not for the people you have to deal with.

Cons

Management plays favorites and are very picky, sometimes unfair. Not many hours. Friday's restaurants attract a certain 'kind' of clientele who can be very frustrating and downright nasty. I've heard customers yell and threaten my coworkers.

Advice to Management

Treat your all of your employees fairly, and don't hire so many people for one job. Evenly distribute hours!!!