T.G.I. Friday's

fridays.com

Company has gone downhill...

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Simi Valley, CA
Former Employee - Hostess in Simi Valley, CA

Pros

Coworkers can be fun to work with and pay at $9/hr is reasonably good for the job you do, but not for the people you have to deal with.

Cons

Management plays favorites and are very picky, sometimes unfair. Not many hours. Friday's restaurants attract a certain 'kind' of clientele who can be very frustrating and downright nasty. I've heard customers yell and threaten my coworkers.

Treat your all of your employees fairly, and don't hire so many people for one job. Evenly distribute hours!!!

Other reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Good place to be a bartender

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Bartender in Thornton, CO

Pros

Great co-workers, company is focused on innovation and is constantly changing in an attempt to meet market needs. Reasonable potential for advancement with some caveats.

Cons

Fridays often misses the mark with new drinks and menu items. Moving into management means a large pay cut in hourly rate - managers work 60 hour weeks or more for about $40-45k.

Spend more time doing market research on new drinks before rolling them out and ensure they can be made quickly. Reward senior employees with better base compensation. Add paid sick days so sick employees that live paycheck to paycheck don't come to work sick and infect others. Pay vacation and sick days at the employees average rate including tips instead of minimum wage.

Inexperienced and unorganized

Current Employee - Saute Cook
    Current Employee - Saute Cook

Pros

Lax atmosphere.

I guess if your a drug user, this would be a good place to work because there is no discipline for going into work high. Drunk yes, high no.

Cons

Unorganized, work schedule comes out way to late so you cant plan your life the next week.

If they try and change the schedule because something happened, they dont ask you, nor tell you and expect you to know.

No drug screening so ppl use drugs all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!