It was a great learning experience,and I like working with the management and other employees

Former Employee - Dishwasher  in  Mentor, OH
Former Employee - Dishwasher in Mentor, OH

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for less than a year

Pros

enjoyed meeting people that worked there

Cons

great career opportunity for young people looking to get started working

keep doing what you are doing in helping young people with jobs opportunity

Other Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Work hard, and you'll see results, in MOST cases. Don't let other careless team members drag you down.

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Waitress in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great family atmosphere, staff is friendly and even if all get stressed out during the rush hours, we all get along at the end of the day. Flexible scheduling, but you need to cooperate with management. It's your responsibility to play your part, if you don't do so, you won't be successful.

Cons

You could put every bit of effort into a table, do every service style step, and you might STILL end up being stiffed. It all has to do with location, many aspects of our clientele do not realize that we are living off our tips. It gets frustrating, but when you build connections with regular guests, those losses are diminished.

Just because others are slacking does not mean that is the standard. We need role models so we can maintain, and succeed the standard. Train more coaches!

Many team members are hired in desperation, and in course last a week before quitting because they can't handle the stress.

Reform the hiring process, too much time is wasted hiring people who aren't fit for the job. Train in house so that we can help management train additional employees as coaches, we are greatly understaffed, and staffed with people who aren't putting in their full effort.

Great Company

Current Employee - Server  in  Mansfield, MA
    Current Employee - Server in Mansfield, MA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Training. Company has a great image.

Cons

NPS scores are not always accurate. People will go out of their way to complain before they will go out of their way to complement.

Positive Reinforcement

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!