T.G.I. Friday's

fridays.com

Fun e ff

Current Employee - Line Cook  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Line Cook in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Fun environment. Good coworkers. Room for advancement. Understanding managers. Not only teaches a skill of cooking but that of general lifelong worth such as dealing with stressful situations, leadership abilities, and all types of characters that will be met in the back of a kitchen like that of TGI.

Cons

Fast paced. Long shifts. No official breaks. Stressful. Overly managed. A job, a worth while one. But not a career in and of itself due to pay, and the condescending nature in which managers assume of your decision making abilities.

Treat your employees as if they have the common sense to make some decisions for themselves and not as children... unless proven otherwise.

Other reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Lucrative as a hostess

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Roanoke, VA

Pros

The way TGIFridays distributes tip share to hostesses makes it very lucrative.

Cons

Typical restaurant culture, everyone sleeps with everyone.

Fire people when they don't repeatedly show up late for work.

A dead end job

Former Employee - Bartender Server  in  New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Bartender Server in New Haven, CT

Pros

I made a ton of good friends that I've kept over the years, I learned how to bartend which opened up many other jobs for me since, and I now bleed red and white stripes

Cons

Corporate anything is based on numbers only. Not the well being of the employees. You either have there tables and make $150 for the entire week if you're lucky or you have 12 tables at once for hours because corporate had to keep labor costs down. It's ridiculous really not to mention I tried to get benefits for YEARS and they always manage to make your average just shy of requirements only to charge you am arm and a leg for it anyway. And the cleaning! Oh my god. Servers make upwards around $5 and hour and after claiming tips your actual check is totally eaten. This means they barely pay you to work there period, but expect you to clean things that a cleaning crew should be hired to do basically for free. They take advantage and play favorites, and don't get me started on the clientele

Take some deep breaths and realize it's just a job. It is not the greatest place on earth and you dislike it more than we did! Cigarette breaks would be nice and keep staff more pleasant.

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!