Was a LOT more fun when it was less "corporate"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager  in  Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

still a little room to show individuality, stress for employees to show teamwork, lots of menu implementations

Cons

Too many coupons, a lot of times, managers are too worried about making the right survey scores than they are the actual situation

stop relying so much on GSS - there are too many people out there just trying to get something for free

Other Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Was a good company to work for until the last few years

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Lombard, IL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and the salary can be a little better than other companies

Cons

Negative environment. The company changed into one that managed through fear and intimidation. There were not enough hours in the day to do everything that corporate and the regional manager wanted. Eventually you realize you can work somewhere else and not sacrifice your life for a company that doesn't care.

You should open your eyes and realize something is wrong when almost half your GM's left the company.

Fun place to work, no room for advancement

Former Employee - Server  in  Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Tyler, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is so much fun and the management is really respectful. My co-workers were the main reason I kept working there.

Cons

There is no room for advancement unless you are flirtatious or buddy/buddy with the bosses. I had more experience than most of the bartenders, was hired for bartender but never got to bartend.

When you hire someone for one position but make them work another with the promise you will allow them to advance, you are creating an unhappy employee that can affect the whole attitude of the staff. For example, I was hired for bartender and was told I would be able to advance into that position (I had transferred from a different TGIF restaurant). But I realized pretty quickly that the managers had no intention of allowing me to work the position I was hired for. That makes them liars.

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!