There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Bartender/ server

Former Employee - Server/Bartender  in  Humble, TX
Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Humble, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They work around your schedule and it is always easy to pick up or give away shifts. It is a fun place to work with great people. Teamwork is key. If you work hard management will notice and you will receive good shifts and positions

Cons

It is the typical serving job, the money/ tips can have seasonal bad months. 2.13 barely covers taxes, you wont get a paycheck.

management is awesome. loved all my managers and GM.

303 Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work, but with a warning...

Current Employee - Server  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Server in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to meet a lot of fun people, that make the job enjoyable. You can make a lot of money as long as you are friendly and don't mind a little hard work.

Cons

Unfortunately, the area I work in isn't very affluent, which mean smaller tips. Also, you must be very thick skinned to not only deal with the customers, but sometimes with the management, this is a sales driver job.

Extremely Corporate

Current Employee - Cocktail Server
    Current Employee - Cocktail Server

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fridays definitely has a fun, inclusive culture and you will feel like you are a part of a family. They have extensive training in order to prepare you for your position and they tend to retain employees because of the effort that goes into training. The company is always innovating and coming out with new ideas and management is usually supportive and helpful in guiding you along the way.

Cons

The company requires all of your time. They are open 365 days a year for every single holiday and you are not allowed to request holidays off. I have worked every holiday for the past year and they don't really show any sympathy for your personal life. Also, the company implements so many changes so often that you are constantly buying new uniforms or accessories just to keep up with brand standards. The shirts we currently wear are low quality and shrink easily, so servers are constantly buying new shirts. Be prepared to spend a good chunk of your earnings on these types of things. As far as corporate companies go, they are among the most extreme.

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!