Sales Rep

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Clarkston, MI
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Clarkston, MI

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay if you're good at sales. Compared to other retailers like Best Buy , at T-Mobile you are actually treated like an adult. No busy work, and management doesn't expect you to go outside of your typical job responsibilities. Pay is almost double that of a big box store like Best Buy with half the work. going from Best Buy to T-Mobile was one of the best decisions I've made. Getting rewarded on sales, rather then just getting a pat on the back means a lot more money and I still get the same hourly as Best Buy plus commission on top.
Hours are gret store is open 10 to 8 and 11 to 5 on Sundays. Management is great and employees are very helpful. Almost always get one day off on the weekends, unlike Best Buy in wich you basically kiss your personal life goodbye. In 3 years I never had a day off on the weekend unless it was requested at Best Buy. I love my new jon!

Cons

Store can get a little slow.

Advice to Management

Keep up employee development

reviews filtered by
  1. T-Mobile as company to work for

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After the turmoil of merger with AT&T has ended, things are stabilizing.

Cons

Many changes in upper management lately, quite expected after the merger was cancelled.

A stressful place to work

Former Employee - Coach in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Coach in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

T-Mobile has a great hiring process. They train you on the culture and what to expect when at the job ("A day in the life" is where you spend an hour sitting with a rep and see what they do and how it sounds). Lots of ongoing training.

Cons

This is a very numbers driven business. If you have trouble meeting, there will be a short ramp up time but after that, the path out the door takes a month or two. There is a lot of turn over due to the high level of stress and pressure to perform.

No chance for advancement. (They just closed 7 centers and have to find places for the top people from those centers. In the past two years only one opportunity to promote to coach and none for other!)

Advice to Management

Live the values you talk about