There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Ever evolving fast paced environment where you have to roll with the punches.

Former Employee - Financial Care Representative III in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Financial Care Representative III in Tampa, FL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits
Comradery
Room for advancement
Community Events
Promotional prizes, ie. free phone, game system raffle, cash prizes accumulated as points for successfully meeting metrics
24 hour Nurse line
Great benefits
Great 401k match

Cons

Changes made happen quickly and take time to correct if adversely effecting employees or customers
Marketing of T-Mobile's products and services is lackluster, leaving less informed customers
Customer changes aren't always directly communicated
Uniformity amongst departments /or company locations can vary in regards to policy, knowledge, or best practices
Management may or may not work with you depending on their style
Drastic changes
Company focus can switch 360 degrees from one year to the next, or month-to-month

Advice to Management

Keep open communication with subordinates, and keep their best interest in mind. Consider not only how changes effect customers but representatives as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

New Hire - Call Center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II - Retention in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II - Retention in Salem, OR

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was just hired at T-Mobile this week. I haven't started training yet but went to a "Day In The Life Of" session which felt like a new job orientation but is more like a job shadowing. There are countless perks and benefits. I can't even keep them all straight. I'm very excited about the benefits. You can get health insurance after 30 days...BUT...you have a 30 day waiting period and then on the first of the following month you can enroll. My 30 days will be up in early October but I will have to wait for November. That is still so much better than any other employer I've had. The benefits are sort of crazy...it almost seems too good to be true.

The call center is amazing! It is super clean, very nicely maintained without that typical "mental hospital" sort of cleanliness/design that I've seen in other call centers. It has a small theater, gym, showers/locker room, restaurant and arcade.

I'm super excited about this job...I can't wait to get started.

Cons

So far there aren't any. I can't wait to actually get started. I'm sure that eventually the call center will start to feel more like a call center and the job will get a little bit boring here and there. Honestly though, the compensation and benefits are so crazy that I don't see myself waking up and not wanting to go to work...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work??

2. Development using Java. Server side focused.

Current Contractor - Developer IV in Bothell, WA
    Current Contractor - Developer IV in Bothell, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. A lot of different projects to work on. Many smart guys to work with. A lot of freedom and opportunities.

Cons

The team is a kind of self organizing. Although I actually liked the way it is but a bit more management could be better.