There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Great Experience

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, great compensation, great benefits, great values.

Cons

None Really. Great place to work.

Keep it up

reviews filtered by

T-Mobile is struggling to find its direction

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, decent product, the stores are nice, the rates are incredible, it's a big company with a decent sized pocket book so spending money on keeping the stores running wasn't an issue there

Cons

The direction of the company seems very mismanaged. Over my time with them it went from being a true SALES organization to more of a customer service focus to being very device focused (with the HUGE exception of missing the boat on the iPhone) and then trying to get reps to be able to do everything. Their goals were way too lofty for the resources they were willing to put towards it (a.k.a. advertising $$) and they didn't have clear direction from the district manager level up as far as how to get there.

Set clear expectations for your front-line sales reps and managers. Changing your focus each month (I even saw the focus change weekly) makes that moving target very difficult to hit. Rely on training and development of your tenured employees to help bring up the level of performance in each store.

Best place to work... 5 years ago.

Former Employee - Senior Representative, Technical Support in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Representative, Technical Support in Allentown, PA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of people to keep you motivated throughout the day
    Available overtime around holiday season

Cons

Too much stress for too little pay
    Little support from managers
    Always blaming the employees for poor performance

Take the time to listen to your employees feedback. They deal with the customers on a regular basis, you only get to listen to recorded calls on a random basis. Five years ago, I loved my job and I was proud to work there. It started to decline and there was an increase in unsatisfied employees causing extra stress that was completely unnecessary. Our call center was closed completely due to company budget issues. The budget issues were due to customer churn. Here is an idea... FIX THE CHURN BY LISTENING TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS! This company had values and lived them the first 3 years I worked there, they then preached that we live the values they represent while the senior management violated those values on a regular basis. If this company doesn't step it up, I see them closing in the next few years.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile