There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Best company that I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist Tier III in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist Tier III in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Highly motivated individuals who are proud of their jobs. - Offered top notch training and support. Would be introduced and trained on every phone and tablet that the company launched ahead of its release. - Access to the latest phones before they are out on the market. - Able to voice concerns to management without having to worry. Management was on your side and took employee feedback seriously. - Company truly operates on its values

Cons

- Being part of customer service meant that you had to deal with rude and technologically handicapped customers who had no idea of the capabilities and limitations of their devices and often blamed us for it. e.g. "my friend can use Skype on their phone but my phone (which is not a smartphone) wont let me use Skype - No fixed schedules - Had to rotate schedules every 6 months

Advice to Management

Get access to high a class devices to attract top dollar customers esp iPhone customers.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. Retail Store Manager - A good opportunity

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They invest in your training and there are good opportunities to make money. If you have done traditional retail and enjoy sales this is a great opportunity to expand your sales skills and experiences and grow professionally. And it is much easier physically than big box retail.

Cons

Very sales driven and you high accountability to achieve your goals. Tough work life balance as you are always connected to your store.

Advice to Management

Understand that your front line team of store managers does not work 9-5 M-F. The amount of conference calls and emails daily/weekly requires you to work on days off.

2. Good Company Values

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay. Good opportunities for advancement. Employees are treated well.

Cons

EIT is full of non-techincal Senior Leadership that sometimes do not understand the ramifications of their decisions. Can get stale working on marketing initiatives that do not require any technical innovation.

Advice to Management

Put technical people in the position to make important technical decisions