There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Rare opportunity to make an impact as an individual on the future of a large organization

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Despite its growth, T-Mobile still operates like a startup in many ways. Since there is no wireline business to weight it down like its competitors, it can think and operate differently, and more nimbly.

Cons

The downside of its nimble atmosphere is a marked lack of progress, and at times a lack of focus. This results in frequent changes of direction. Also, traditionally management has struggled to make difficult tradeoff decisions.

Pick a strategy and stick with it!

2306 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

All around, a pretty good place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henrico, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henrico, VA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for T-Mobile are the advancement opportunities, compensation, benefits, and everyone tries to live the values.

Cons

Some of the downsides of working for T-Mobile are the training you receive for new policies and procedures, sub-par training for new hires and vacation/sick days all combined.

It would be most appreciated if upper management would check in on the new-hire classes to see that these new employees are not properly trained to handle calls once they hit the floor. When I was in training, I had to take weekly quizzes to show I was capable of using my resources PLUS role plays for four weeks before getting on the phone. Therefore, I was far better prepared to take calls.

Good place to work and make a solid income

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have learned a lot about sales and grown as a sales professional in my four years with T-Mobile. I was able to relocate states with the company when I wanted to move 6 months after I started and it has been a great experience. I get to play with and learn about new technology every day and I enjoy working with customer. I work with a team of motivated sales reps, I have a good manager that is concerned with our well-being, I enjoy the competition with my co-workers, and the compensation is fair. You are not going to get rich as a retail sales associate, but you can make 40-50K pretty easily if you are in a busy location. There are opportunities to advance if you pursue them, but you have to be patient and willing to put in the effort. You can also accrue PTO quite rapidly and it's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week sometimes.

Cons

As in any retail sales environment, there are always going to be disgruntled customers you have to work with when you are on the front line. There has been a bit of turnover in the past year at the locations where I have worked but that was a result of a change in management at the store level and a stronger team has since been put into place. There has also been a trend towards pre-paid service, which I think is industry-wide, and that can hurt commissions a bit if there's not a good balance b/t pre-paid and contract sales. This is not a M-F, 8-5 job, so you have to be flexible and willing to work nights and weekends, which can take away from family time if you have someone at home working a more traditional schedule.

T-Mobile recently changed leadership at the top and it seems they are on the right track to making T-Mobile a top competitor behind Verizon and AT&T in 2013. If leadership continues on the current path, I believe TMO will overtake Sprint as America's #3 wireless provider. Keep building the network, keep offering great devices, and continue to be innovative with the best plans in the business.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile