Great company with Great Benifits

Current Employee - RSA
Current Employee - RSA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits for both full time and Part time. Flexible schedule for those who have family's, open door policy that really is an open door policy, Great management overall, Lots of benefits other then phones and medical.

Cons

Right now, no moving up because of a hiring and promotion freeze, and It would be nice to move up, and earn more money. commission seems to be odd at times, but overall good i guess.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I would never recommend to anyone!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay hourly plus commission and you earn paid time off from the start of your employment.

Cons

The management could not care any less about you or your career growth, T-Mobile values are nothing nowadays. They took away phone benefits, they took away the raises, they restructured commission again so you get paid less, they took away all perks rewarding top sales people so you get no more recognition for doing well then someone who sits on their butt all day. They force Small Business down your throat yet give no real perks to activating someone on it and have the deposits so high and so many hoops to jump through its not even worth it and most customers get frustrated and leave. Management constantly makes promises of promotions and career growth yet everytime you try and get any help they blow you off like you're nothing. Especially if you're a top performer like I am, then expect you'll never go anywhere because your managers paycheck is determined by how the store does and if your a top performer who's killing it in numbers they want you right where you are to make their paycheck nice and big. And even if you're consistently the top performer in your district you still can't get moved from a part time to full time, oh but they will promise it to you every month and then find some ridiculous excuse why they need to push it off longer which in reality is always because they have a personal relationship with someone they like more who may not be a good performer but the favoritism in this company is unbelievable. Management is lazy and puts way too much responsibility and stress on associates with no real payout. They do nothing to reward loyal customers and now that they have outsourced the customer service is horrible and even on the employee line you can't understand who your talking to. The front end employees who work in the retail stores take so much garbage from angry customers over something that they didn't do that was the cause of someone over the internet or someone over customer care or somebody lying to them in those annoying third party dealers and we get yelled at all day, get all of your departments on the same page!

Advice to Management

Go back to how it used to be and start caring about your employees again. Stop making promises you can't keep, and reward the people that actually sell because otherwise we just get frustrated and have no reason to work as hard.

Leadership needs to get their act together.

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, compensation and training. When I started working at T-Mobile, the values permeated the organization. Good values in place - not everyone living them.

Cons

Leadership changes strategy too frequently. Doesn't give enough time for anything to get any traction. Always restructuring the organization. I left because they strayed too much from the values.

Advice to Management

Treating people fairly and consistently doesn't mean managing everyone the same. You taught us situational leadership, let us use it. Also - changing the company structure every year is not the answer.