There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Fun atmosphere but can also be hectic if taken personal

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benfets; Pay; People; Management is well trained

Cons

Customer reaction to offers by employees

Good job with everything

2197 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

Lots of change and aggressive cost cutting

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

T-Mobile is still a great place to work. They treat their employees well and have excellent benefits. Their technology is cutting edge and if all goes well with the Metro PCS merger T-Mobile should be headed in the right direction

Cons

The arrival of a new CEO has brought major cost cutting and the total elimination of groups that still provide vital roles. If the lay-offs continue they run the risk of losing too much talent and tenured employees.

Everyone knows the cost cutting needed to happen but a goodwill gesture to the employees that are still here would go a long way. Moral is on the verge of crashing hard. Don’t ruin the company for the sake of a few cents added to the IPO

Great Company

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked with T-mobile for 5 years and there are many others who stayed with the comapny for even longer. They provide good pay for the position, a fair commission structure, lots of support from management, and a GREAT work life balance. There is TONS of PTO time available and it was not uncommon to see reps take vacation for 3 weeks or a month at a time, plus they supplement your commission while you're on vacation. In the stores where I worked, the competition among reps was alway friendly and there was no stealing customers from each other, but I've heard of that happening at other locations. If you work hard, you will be promoted. They offer good service and fair pricing to customers (comparatively) so the products are not hard to sell at all. Overall, great company, they truly live their corporate vales. "I am T-mobile, count on me"

Cons

The wireles industry changes very frequesntly, so there will ALWAYS be new phones, new services, new plans and new everything to keep up with. Also, there is always the chance that you'll get a bad manager, or greedy co-workers who steal your sales, but in general my personal experience was very good. They have a "black-out" period around the holidays where no one can take vacation...but my birthday falls during this period and I was always able to take a birthday vacation, but that's because my managers were all really cool.

Keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!