T-Mobile

www.tmobile.jobs
  www.tmobile.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Overall a good experience, too much focus placed on metrics that are constantly changing.

Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive atmosphere with an ok commission structure. New CEO seems to have lots of ideas for TMobile that have been missing for quite a while. Benefits were great and the work was for the most part enjoyable.

Cons

Ridiculous amount of emphasis but on silly metrics. Not very much back patting for doing a good job but plenty of talk when performance isn't up to their standards (which is almost always no matter what). Not very much opportunity for advancement beyond Store Manager even if you're willing to put in the time; they'll go and hire someone from the outisde.

Lighten up and remember the things that actually make the company money and don't put so much emphasis on the little things; also reward those who excel and promote from within.

2373 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

Learned so much and is a great place to work most of the time.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits! Very good benefits for low out of pocket costs. Phone benefits are great too however employee pricing on handsets was now similar to customer instead of discounted as they used to be. Company is a leader in teaching the etiquette of customer service and many companies have adopted their way of doing things over the years. Most of the staff is awesome and provided opportunities for growth. Does provide a lot of recognition and if you are of the top performers you get to go the banquets and the yearly trips. Last year was to Vegas to give you an idea of how grand their trips are. They also give yearly trips to Hawaii for top performers voted on by their peers. I worked there for almost a decade and the compensation was one of the top given for my position-tech support. Very great pay and yearly increases based on performance

Cons

Cons come in the sense that the company has gone through a lot of changes because of the economy etc. Struggling to stay one of the big four top cellphone companies. I experienced the layoffs that occurred in my home state. Some areas can be tough to handle because of the volume of calls however overall the bad does not outweigh the good.

Continue to recognize the people that want to be there. Not just the top performers because overall the frontline is what keeps the company going. Not just the top 10%. And try to put yourself in the frontlines shoes. It is a tough task to answer those calls day in and out but most that are there do it because they love the company. Which I did. Unfortunately the economy got in the way and the struggles financially for the company. Overall a rewarding experience.

Great group of guys that I worked with. Taught me a lot

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think that t-mobile has great vision on where they are going and are aggressinvely moving to hit there next goal objective

Cons

Working with a manager that is not qualified to be a manger and cannot give support to the team. Makes it hard to grow

I think what you are doing is good but i think that you should focus on how to help the employee better and put more money in their pockets rather than hurt them by taking employee incentives away like the free or reduced phone program etc...

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile