There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Learned so much and is a great place to work most of the time.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits! Very good benefits for low out of pocket costs. Phone benefits are great too however employee pricing on handsets was now similar to customer instead of discounted as they used to be. Company is a leader in teaching the etiquette of customer service and many companies have adopted their way of doing things over the years. Most of the staff is awesome and provided opportunities for growth. Does provide a lot of recognition and if you are of the top performers you get to go the banquets and the yearly trips. Last year was to Vegas to give you an idea of how grand their trips are. They also give yearly trips to Hawaii for top performers voted on by their peers. I worked there for almost a decade and the compensation was one of the top given for my position-tech support. Very great pay and yearly increases based on performance

Cons

Cons come in the sense that the company has gone through a lot of changes because of the economy etc. Struggling to stay one of the big four top cellphone companies. I experienced the layoffs that occurred in my home state. Some areas can be tough to handle because of the volume of calls however overall the bad does not outweigh the good.

Continue to recognize the people that want to be there. Not just the top performers because overall the frontline is what keeps the company going. Not just the top 10%. And try to put yourself in the frontlines shoes. It is a tough task to answer those calls day in and out but most that are there do it because they love the company. Which I did. Unfortunately the economy got in the way and the struggles financially for the company. Overall a rewarding experience.

2281 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

enjoy your work

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Working environment is really good, no pushing, nice coworkers, flexible working time.
    Technology is changing, no worry for chasing the improving world.
    Also, can get lots of new features that T-Mobile will put on sale market soon
    Playing room is open all the day for you to have a break

Cons

Two locations use PST and EST time zone makes difficult to arrange time. Lots of meetings may be planed at the lunch time.
    No free soda any more

Retail Sales Associate

Former Employee - RSA in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - RSA in Bronx, NY

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, Lots of training, fun working environment, and open door Human Resource policy.

Cons

Favoritism, very competitive moving up the career ladder.

Hire from within.