There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Learned so much and is a great place to work most of the time.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits! Very good benefits for low out of pocket costs. Phone benefits are great too however employee pricing on handsets was now similar to customer instead of discounted as they used to be. Company is a leader in teaching the etiquette of customer service and many companies have adopted their way of doing things over the years. Most of the staff is awesome and provided opportunities for growth. Does provide a lot of recognition and if you are of the top performers you get to go the banquets and the yearly trips. Last year was to Vegas to give you an idea of how grand their trips are. They also give yearly trips to Hawaii for top performers voted on by their peers. I worked there for almost a decade and the compensation was one of the top given for my position-tech support. Very great pay and yearly increases based on performance

Cons

Cons come in the sense that the company has gone through a lot of changes because of the economy etc. Struggling to stay one of the big four top cellphone companies. I experienced the layoffs that occurred in my home state. Some areas can be tough to handle because of the volume of calls however overall the bad does not outweigh the good.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize the people that want to be there. Not just the top performers because overall the frontline is what keeps the company going. Not just the top 10%. And try to put yourself in the frontlines shoes. It is a tough task to answer those calls day in and out but most that are there do it because they love the company. Which I did. Unfortunately the economy got in the way and the struggles financially for the company. Overall a rewarding experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent Pay, Bonus, Benefits/The job was stressful

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Daniel Island, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Daniel Island, SC

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Bonus. The environment is not a your typical work environment. We sang and danced and played music at work. We had contests and fun things to do at work

Cons

Stressful to meet monthly goals. The coachs and seniors were very helpful and knowledgeable but some of them didn't know how to tell you how to improve, they would just want you to.

Advice to Management

n/a

Sales representative

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

Great benefits, stock options and flexible hours.

Cons

The store computers are outdated.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more knowledgeable about daily operations