T-Mobile

www.tmobile.jobs
  www.tmobile.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Northwest flair with a corporate strangle

Former Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team members, facilities were outstanding, great benefits, employees were intelligent and cared. (Corporate, not a retail store)

Cons

Sales Management was absolutely cut throat. Corporate rewarded managers based purely on numbers, even if those numbers looked shady.. Went through a company wide reorganization, which left an extremely foul taste in most employees mouth. Immediately understood how little corporate culture cared about the "individual"

Advice to sales management: Interview other employees if you are looking for superstars to promote, going SOLELY off of an employees numbers might help short term, but when all one looks at are numbers, one obviously doesn't understand the short cuts and tricks of putting up huge numbers (that falter quickly or are literally scammed into the system). With that being said, corporate is corporate, and I was burnt out very quickly in that atmosphere.

2373 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

Very flexible schedule with great pay incentives. Great networking opportunities

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

tuition reimbursement; quota bonuses and gifts; paid vacation; flexible schedule; great career growth opportunites

Cons

Not enough concentration on employee career paths; training and development not consistent to flourish.

Breakdown of communication and development must be made more of company focus.

Great place to stagnate!

Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 8 years. I guess that would be the pro.

Cons

No advancement opportunities for hourly wage employees. After 8 years in engineering, a boss who loves my work, great reviews, and being told by regional management that my work is, I quote "superb", I have been passed over for every advancement opportunity. Only salary people move up. If there is n opening, they interview all non salary candidates and then do a lateral transfer for a manager who wants a shorter commute to work. Very discouraging atmosphere. All our competitors pay better and offer better benefits in non salary engineering positions.

1. Get in touch with what is going on. 2. Stop placing your individual bonus over the best interest of the company and our customers. 3. Give non salary engineering employees a chance to advance to salary and management positions. This is how you might be able to get some fresh perspective and stop trying to sink this company at every turn. 4. Greed does not trump ethics, or at least it shouldn't.. We don't trust you to do the right thing by us or the company. Take heed. You are going to lose your best talent.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile