Exciting Ride

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced. I went for, and received several promotions throughout my time there. The compensation is well above average from my experience there.

Cons

Growth has turned T-Mobile into a company that is much slower to change and adapt, at least until the last several months. They work people very hard.

Advice to Management

Keep shaking up the wireless industry.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. Inadequate coaching

Current Employee - Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, customers were mostly pleasant especially considering their complaint with the company

Cons

Unrealistic promises from retail stores to customers regarding service making customers very unhappy with lack of coverage at their home. I was put on a team after training and was not given any coaching sessions as supervisor overlooked it regardless of me reminding her several times. "Empathy" statements to customers that are REQUIRED to keep your job are ridiculous. If you think any of you sound genuine, you are very easily fooled.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the fact that whether empathy statements are made or not, if an employee is receiving perfect surveys, those statements are unnecessary.

2. Poor management, Stressful, sets unrealistic goals

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good pay - Great benefits - Nice facility

Cons

-More times than not, I felt smarter than my manager -Strict schedule compliance -Forced to sell something on every call, even if it doesn't make sense. -Most customers do not call in to let you know how great T-Mobile is doing, they have a complaint. This makes it difficult to look forward to your work day knowing you are going to get verbally abused on the phone by under educated customers. -The culture and values T-Mobile says it has are a gimmick. They preach them, but don't live by them on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

-Don't try to combine sales and customer service in one position, it makes both employees and customers uncomfortable more times than not. -Don't set unrealistic sales goals for customer service and punish them when they are not met. -When a customer calls to remove a feature, this should not negatively impact a representative's stats. Maybe the customer just doesn't want the feature any more. -Treat employees like adults and give them more freedom. If they abuse this (excessive offline time or PTO) then punish them accordingly. It is hard being on the phone 8+ hours a day and only getting a break every 2-3 hours (that's if you didn't get stuck on a call that ran through your break and you actually get a break). -There was a lot of favoritism with management. If you didn't get in good with management, you were not given the same (special) treatment as your coworkers who did (i.e. time offline, special accommodations with attendance, ability to 'act' as senior rep when they were out of the office).