T-Mobile

www.tmobile.jobs
  www.tmobile.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Survival of the fittest...

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Tracy, CA
Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Tracy, CA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of learning to take advantage of. Very attentive to each individual and were eager to help you in any area that you were concerned about improving. The company has high expectations which can be awesome or if your used to doing things to the beat of your own drum.... Could be very disastrous.

T-Mobile has a strict structure when it comes to customer service. Straying from the path you are instructed to take is frowned apon. I see this as a positive because it's how they keep uniform customer service among all T-Mobile stores you go into.

Positive reinforcement and acknowledgement of success. Very motivating, but like any sales position, can be crazy stressful. I appriciated my experience here, can make a career for yourself if you are willing to give all your time and effort.

Cons

Very political. It's all about who you know and if your liked by those people. If your not in the right "clique" you will be quickly pushed out and alienated. A lot of the tenured employees are arrogant and condescending. During slow months the sales reps show their teeth and can be very shark like. Not for the weak hearted or sensitive souls.
Commission structure seems to pay out less every year. T-Mobile begs to differ and states that at they are "reorganizing" not removing overall pay out percentage. *rolling eyes*

Higher pay structure/hourly vs commission would motivate reps to complete busy work and tasks expected of us without the feeling that sales will be missed out on. It would also reinforce teamwork because the reps won't feel like they're "working for free" without any compensation or reward. "be back" policy should also be the same across all stores.

2371 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

Great momentum

Current Employee - Head of Vendor Management in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Head of Vendor Management in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TMUS is buzzing across the media
    We are revolutionizing the wireless industry

Cons

If constant change and high-pace environment isn't your thing, then be careful about joining...

Good but not great

Former Employee - Store Manager in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Katy, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young and fun company to work for. Full of energy and open to new creative ideas. very team environment oriented.

Cons

The stresses from higher level management was unbearable at times. The expectation was to be at skip level which was at 140% to goal. The goal setting was not in alignment with realistic expectations.

to many structural changes