There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

T-Mobile is one of the best call centers to work in!

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Excellent benefits - I paid little for my benefits, and I was able to add my live in boyfriend to my employee phone account and insurance.

Great pay - I've been paid less to do more in other call centers.

Leadership - General manager of call center made it a point to learn all new hires' names. You could speak to him, or any member of leadership, if you needed help with anything.

Advancement - My supervisor and I created a plan of action for my advancement within the company. My supervisor also gave me excellent feedback regarding my job performance.

Work environment - Lots of light and windows.

Attire - Casual, which I thought was fantastic considering I've worked at call centers where business casual or professional was required. Considering that my previous employers paid less than what T-Mobile does, I found that the money I saved on attire alone was substantial.

Cons

Attire - Unfortunately some people think that dressing casually means having poor taste in clothes.

Training - Can be stressful, depending on the trainer.

Hours - If you go apply, be prepared to work the hours they want you to. They do have shift bids, but new hires generally have to wait 6+ months before a shift bid is available.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible about the hours your new hires need to work. Reinstate the cafe vouchers for new hires, it makes us feel special and helps those of us with little money out for a day.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not such a best place to work

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Good people to work with.
    Good product that is being developed
    Casual work environment.

Cons

Compensation is barely adaquate. Raises have been non-existent, bonuses are no longer possible due to ridiculous goals and advancement is hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Bring back attainable quarterly bonuses. Stop trying to make "best place to work" surveys and actually be a best place to work.

2. One person ruined my life

Former Employee - Tier III Technical Support
    Former Employee - Tier III Technical Support

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Decent recognition and team camaraderie

Cons

Constant schedule/leadership changes, too much micro-managing, supervisors seemingly don't have to live up to the same standards as hourly employees

Advice to Management

Do a better job of looking into the incompetence of many supervisors. TSRs get almost daily feedback on their performance and although supervisors also get feedback, nothing seems to change.