There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful pay and employee discounts to movies, amusement parks, hotels/flights, and even tuition reimbursement! For any high school graduate or newly admitted undergrad, this is a dream come true job. You have extremely flexible hours and the commission pay is great!

Cons

Keep in mind that although your hourly pay is more than over minimum wage, most new hires get stuck with part-time jobs. So selling is the only way you'll really see an improvement on your paycheck. Also, as much as they mean well managers tend to really only care about whether or not you're hitting your goal numbers. Customer service quality isn't really measured at the store level.

I understand that you have a boss that's constantly down your neck but try relating to associates one by one. Constructive criticism is key.

2282 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

It's a good additional job

Current Employee - RSA in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - RSA in Dayton, OH

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like working at T-Mobile. The pressure of meeting goal can be stressful but that's the case for any commission-based occupation. The benefits are nice, most holidays including more minor ones (like July 4 and Labor Day I believe) are considered holiday pay. You get a chance to win things not just from T-Mobile but from major companies like Samsung and LG. The best part for me is the employee discount otherwise I don't think I could afford the luxuries of my phone service. A lot of people mention things about leadership but it really depends on your individual stores. Some managers care more than others and some managers are more strict than others.

Cons

The only complaint I have is the company policy when you can't meet goal/quota for the month. Sometimes you really can't help it no matter how good of a sales person you are (due to low traffic volume or bad luck like getting all the troubleshoot/bill pays while others have activations/sales walk right into them). My coworkers and I have all had those months where one or two a year like that. T-Mobile leadership will put you through a correctional course, so to speak, where the manager will monitor you and essentially apply more pressure on you. My boss was really nice about it but it was just something he had to do whenever we didn't meet quota.

Retail Sales Associate

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Flushing, NY

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is great for a part-time position as long as you meet quota. Great for students, not for long-term employment. End pay was approx. $38,000 for high volume retail location but that was after exceeding quota all year long.

Cons

Upper management is downright rude and demeaning. Although most of the work life problems occur in call centers, retail stores feel the pain too because upper management has never experienced the stress in the front-end environment.

Promote from within so upper management will know how lower level employees feel and understand their struggles at the workplace. It doesn't help when you have upper management who think sales is easy. It's not. It's a lot of work and stress.

Make quotas reasonable. A low volume location is not going to get 50 activations per sales associate.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile