There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Pretty Good Part-time Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty relaxed place to work if you meet your quota. They had a pretty good employee discount plan plan when I worked there. $10 bill each month and discount phones.

Cons

The upper management are idiots. But as long as you had a cool store manager your good.

2192 Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for short or long term.

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job has great pay, benefits, and time flexibility.

Cons

Some leadership is very respectful of your time and help you succeed while at other times other leadership may put personal feelings above overall success.

Higher management please ensure that floor leads are professional at least to the point not to offend sales staff.

If you love technology, this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Store Operations Associate  in  Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Store Operations Associate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything is pretty straightforward. Once you get hired, you go to a 2 week training session in your area. You work 9-5 both weeks for 5 days, Monday-Friday. You have to learn the basic values of the company (which I believe to be excellent), what your job is and how to do your job the right way, and also some miscellaneous stuff like how to deal with certain emergencies. Training is really easy and then you get sent to your home store. Training continues but it's a lot more hands-on. Meet your team and your managers and decide how to work best with everyone. Blah blah blah

Starting pay is pretty good (over minimum wage) considering you may have worked for a different retailer before. All employees are eligible to receive monthly bonuses OR commission. For example, I'm a store ops associate. I don't sell phones or even deal with customers - I handle inventory. So I'm eligible for monthly bonuses. Sales reps get commission based on accessory sales and plan sales, no necessarily phone sales. Managers receive bonuses.
    As soon as you begin work, the company hits you up for creating a 401k with them, taking advantage of the benefits (health, dental, eye, emergencies, etc) and just basically how they can better serve you as an employee.

The company is completely customer and employee focused. Most companies don't care how you feel as long as you make the customers happy. T-Mobile cares about how you feel BEFORE you make the customer happy. Breaks are mandatory! Take a 30-min lunch if you work 5 hours and a 1 hr lunch if you work 7 or more and take 15 min breaks before and after lunch. If you're on your manager's good side and he/she really likes you as a person and not just how good you work, you have a much higher chance of moving up pretty quickly. Also they have a portal on your desktop where if you forget how to do something, you can look it up and they have instructions. You also get paid by the minute, not by the quarter hour. So if you have the day off but there's a conference call you need to attend, you can watch it from home but you have to log that time in when you get back to work. Basically anything you do that is T-Mobile related, you can get paid for.

I've only worked there for over a month and my manger's already talking about moving me to a sales rep position.

Cons

Although all of the computer systems are somehow intertwined, there's a different way to do everything. It can be a little frustrating trying to memorize all the steps to get one thing done versus another. In my position, there is almost always a time constraint as well so you have be quick but efficient. Also T-Mobile loathes employees who are not on time. Be sure to get there about 10 minutes before your shift starts just to give you time to clock in. The computers are really slow most of the time which is an annoyance.

I know requests come in all day everyday for SAP accounts but you guys really need to set those priorities as high because most of us won't get access until 6 months after we started.

There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!