T. Rowe Price

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

A supervisor's perspective

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of career options. Support to explore different areas(varies by manager and organization) but overall supportive. Excellent training and continuing education. Good benefits like 401 k, stock, matching, profit sharing. Strong company reputation.

Cons

As a supervisor I have seen how things have changed from when I was an associate. In talking with my peers we all feel the same. We are no longer valued. A little more value is given to associates, but this is only because they get recognition. We are expected to be here no matter what. Holidays, weekends, severe weather events. The decision to be here 1/1/13 and just sit here with little to no work vs. give a tired and beat down staff some time off speaks volumes. When other sites close in these conditions we are expected to risk life and limb to get here. I have heard stories about the treatment of associates during recent severe weather events and it is upsetting. This is truly a great company I still believe that and I know there are still great leaders. I have a good network and see how other parts of the org are running under leaders that see their people as humans and care about them.

Please get more involved in this area. There are good people here. We care about the business and our people.

314 Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price (View Most Recent)

Associate

I have been working at T. Rowe Price (more than 3 years)

Pros

very good benefits, good foundation for understanding the financial world

Cons

Extremely long hours and your salary is horrible. When you have overtime everyday of the week plus coming in early a couple times a week it demoralizes you and kills the morale of an already understaffed team. Associates aren't valued and are seen as interchangeable parts. We've had 5 people from our team leave the company in the last five months. Extremely micro-managed as well.

Pay your employees more money. You can't say your salary is "competetive" when other companies are paying their employees 10k plus for similiar work. Examine why people are leaving the company and see what they can do to prevent that happening in the future. If you pay your employees more and cut down on the overtime, I can guarentee you the morale would be much better on the floor. Don't also send out emails saying how appreciative you are of everyone's hard work and as a reward you can have a jeans day on such and such day. It's beyond embarrasing. We're not in fifth grade.

Started with TRP right out of college, several career advancement opportunities since

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, work / life balance, benefits and development opportunities

Cons

Low salary compared to similar positions at other firms

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price