Investment counselor

Pros

Culture. Work life balance. Career development

Cons

Average pay. Limited locations. Bonuses are not competitive.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

1. Great Company... But some opportunity

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good network of people. Met a lot of my friends here. There are a lot of management programs and trainings one can take advantage of. Well known and respected company. We are truly dedicated to our clients and have the best in mind for them. Strong company values.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, positions across the board stay open for extended periods of time making it hard to supervisor our teams and run the business. Specifically management roles. Associate roles are tolerable, but supervisor and general manager roles need to be filled instantly due to their direct impact and interaction in the day to day and with the associates. Supervisor and management roles can be pretty stressful due to concept of doing more with less which adds more and more to everyone's plates as more initiatives are added with nothing ever removed.

Advice to Management

Hire appropriately, at all levels but especially the management levels. This is having a big impact on the people and the business. Have better succession plans. If you have a plan use it and don't wait. Don't focus on high level manager roles first which don't have the impact that general manager and supervisor roles do. Listen to the needs of your people and react.

Associate

I have been working at T. Rowe Price (More than 3 years)

Pros

very good benefits, good foundation for understanding the financial world

Cons

Extremely long hours and your salary is horrible. When you have overtime everyday of the week plus coming in early a couple times a week it demoralizes you and kills the morale of an already understaffed team. Associates aren't valued and are seen as interchangeable parts. We've had 5 people from our team leave the company in the last five months. Extremely micro-managed as well.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more money. You can't say your salary is "competetive" when other companies are paying their employees 10k plus for similiar work. Examine why people are leaving the company and see what they can do to prevent that happening in the future. If you pay your employees more and cut down on the overtime, I can guarentee you the morale would be much better on the floor. Don't also send out emails saying how appreciative you are of everyone's hard work and as a reward you can have a jeans day on such and such day. It's beyond embarrasing. We're not in fifth grade.