Investment counselor

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Culture. Work life balance. Career development

Cons

Average pay. Limited locations. Bonuses are not competitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company... But some opportunity

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good network of people. Met a lot of my friends here. There are a lot of management programs and trainings one can take advantage of. Well known and respected company. We are truly dedicated to our clients and have the best in mind for them. Strong company values.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, positions across the board stay open for extended periods of time making it hard to supervisor our teams and run the business. Specifically management roles. Associate roles are tolerable, but supervisor and general manager roles need to be filled instantly due to their direct impact and interaction in the day to day and with the associates. Supervisor and management roles can be pretty stressful due to concept of doing more with less which adds more and more to everyone's plates as more initiatives are added with nothing ever removed.

Advice to Management

Hire appropriately, at all levels but especially the management levels. This is having a big impact on the people and the business. Have better succession plans. If you have a plan use it and don't wait. Don't focus on high level manager roles first which don't have the impact that general manager and supervisor roles do. Listen to the needs of your people and react.

Comfortable environment to learn and plan your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start your career in finance. Good training and lots of exposure to clients and investment professionals

Cons

The environment can be frustrating for high-achievers or anyone that wants to be compensated for outstanding results.

Advice to Management

I woulds suggest trying to identify some high performing low/mid level people that you would like to retain and give them raises twice a year instead of once. Low entry salary just takes too long to grow, even with healthy annual raises.