Excellent, well managed company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Good culture, talented employee base, focused on the long term with consistent leadership. Cares about employee development and long term success.

Cons

No meaningful cons to share.

Other Reviews for T. Rowe Price

Comfortable environment to learn and plan your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start your career in finance. Good training and lots of exposure to clients and investment professionals

Cons

The environment can be frustrating for high-achievers or anyone that wants to be compensated for outstanding results.

I woulds suggest trying to identify some high performing low/mid level people that you would like to retain and give them raises twice a year instead of once. Low entry salary just takes too long to grow, even with healthy annual raises.

A supervisor's perspective

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of career options. Support to explore different areas(varies by manager and organization) but overall supportive. Excellent training and continuing education. Good benefits like 401 k, stock, matching, profit sharing. Strong company reputation.

Cons

As a supervisor I have seen how things have changed from when I was an associate. In talking with my peers we all feel the same. We are no longer valued. A little more value is given to associates, but this is only because they get recognition. We are expected to be here no matter what. Holidays, weekends, severe weather events. The decision to be here 1/1/13 and just sit here with little to no work vs. give a tired and beat down staff some time off speaks volumes. When other sites close in these conditions we are expected to risk life and limb to get here. I have heard stories about the treatment of associates during recent severe weather events and it is upsetting. This is truly a great company I still believe that and I know there are still great leaders. I have a good network and see how other parts of the org are running under leaders that see their people as humans and care about them.

Please get more involved in this area. There are good people here. We care about the business and our people.

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!