There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

My own 'Slice of Heaven'

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

For the last six years, I commuted a total of three hours daily for a former employer. T. Rowe Price has a convenient location which has reduced my commute to a total of one (1) hour daily. My fellow colleagues are friendly and very helpful in a team player sense of style, while the overall department has a relaxed atomosphere. Moreover, the managers are approachable and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

As a new contracted employee, I have yet to discover any cons at this time. I'm certain, in time, I will have more feedback, however, I'm confident my review of the company will not change much.

Advice to Management

Although I have yet to have interactions with many managers, the managers I have had an opportunity to work with is self-suffient and approachable. They also understand the need to maintain a fair work and life balance. Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Everything, location, benefits, co-workers, environment

Cons

traffic, heat, location, traffic cops

2. Still Hope

Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people to work with, great licensing opportunities, and great place to learn the industry. Excellent investment philosophy, doesn't do lay-offs to manage budget, and a debt free company. Great location with amenities like gym, cafe, basketball court, and social networking events.

Cons

Halo affect galore in some areas (RDS), success is measured by social networks overpowering actual work. Very occupied with putting small fires out versus fixing the root issues. Not really competitive pay and while feedback is encouraged it is rare to find someone who provides tangible feedback.

Advice to Management

Stop top down management style in operations. We are making decisions that do not involve the associates closed to the process. This helps with moral issues and gets the fixes right. Measure a supervisor on the morale and development of the team not who is in your office the most. Coaching and development stop at Supervisor level. If you want supervisors to effectively coach and development GM's need to be coaching and practicing it with the supervisor teams. We are also failing to attract and retain talent because of burn-out and lack of follow through on objectives. There are some of us holding on by a thread hoping it will turn around. Look for us and fairly evaluate our work and leadership skills soon. Please. This is a good company and it will be heart-breaking if it continues down the path it has taken in the last 3-5 years. The core values are why we still fight.

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price