There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Great environment, thoughtful deep analysis

Former Employee - Equity Analyst in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Equity Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to great companies and management teams for equity research Fun, hardworking culture Forward thinking management team with good hiring practices and strategic thinking Stable institution with great upward mobility for strong performers

Cons

Baltimore based Still a bit of the frustrated jock culture So large that you can't look at many small or mid cap stocks

Advice to Management

A bit more diversity would make T Rowe a more attractive place to work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Typical Call Center

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

The entry level training is good, and the systems are intuitive and helpful. Good place to get your financial licenses.

Cons

Overtime in the support areas dictates your life. It's either so much that you work until dark every night and every Saturday; or it's very quiet and nothing much to do. Be ready for a lot of groupthink. The managers are almost always internal people who have been around for a long time, and no one wants to rock the boat.

Advice to Management

Hire some new blood in your operations management. Creative and outside the box thinking can be incredibly helpful .

2. My own 'Slice of Heaven'

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

For the last six years, I commuted a total of three hours daily for a former employer. T. Rowe Price has a convenient location which has reduced my commute to a total of one (1) hour daily. My fellow colleagues are friendly and very helpful in a team player sense of style, while the overall department has a relaxed atomosphere. Moreover, the managers are approachable and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

As a new contracted employee, I have yet to discover any cons at this time. I'm certain, in time, I will have more feedback, however, I'm confident my review of the company will not change much.

Advice to Management

Although I have yet to have interactions with many managers, the managers I have had an opportunity to work with is self-suffient and approachable. They also understand the need to maintain a fair work and life balance. Keep up the good work.