T. Rowe Price
www.troweprice.com Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Couldn't leave fast enough

Investment Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers, You learn a lot about personal finance

ConsWorking in a call center is hard no matter where you are but the environment that this company has created has contributed to more than 20% of the Sales department leaving in the last 6 months. You are over worked and under valued. The micro management is so extreme I've heard someone coached to sit up straighter. You clock in and clock out and every single minute of your day is monitored. There is NO work/life balance. You will have to work weekends and don't even think about getting time off unless you ask 2/3 months in advance. I worked there through 3 holiday seasons and never once got off Christmas Eve or Black Friday off through their "lottery" system. Middle management is rampant with some of the most incompetent people I've met in the industry and like stated in previous posts is very political. Bonus' are not competitive and don't expect a pay increase of more than 2%. There is very little opportunity for advancement outside of a call center position if that is where you started. It doesn't help that they just closed almost all of their branches. Overall I would not recommend staying at this company for my longer than a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is to the GMs and the DMs. You NEED to value your employees more. You're losing your most talented employees and hiring less qualified less intelligent people to talk on the phones. Do you see the problem, especially since you decided to have this be the only venue for investors? Your hiring people that can't even obtain their licenses. Focus more on retention of EMPLOYEES not just investors. Also if you really expect USM to work you better start loosening your pockets. How can you honestly expect an employee to do 4x the work for a $1000 pay increase?

Depends on where you work...

Retirement Specialist (Former Employee)
Owings Mills, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Friendly co-workers for the most part, that's the best part. Decent… Cons: The entire department of Retirement Plan Services (RPS). I would highly recommend you AVOID this part of the company at all costs. They… Advice to Senior Management: Priority number one is to PAY YOUR PEOPLE. I realize you hire a lot of under-experienced and uneducated people, but once you find good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent pay Some upward mobility opportunities Friendly and intelligent coworkers Fun, semi-frequent corporate events Frequent and interesting training Willing to… Cons: Inconsistent rule enforcement Inconsistent management competence Inconsistent management support Inconsistent mobility opportunities Low flexibility on shifts Huge workload Lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Overall, I think the company has just gotten a little too focused on cutting corners. When I first started, it was fun and enjoyable, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on T. Rowe Price.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T. Rowe Price reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for T. Rowe Price CEO James A. C. Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by T. Rowe Price employees.