T. Rowe Price

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Couldn't leave fast enough

Former Employee - Investment Specialist
Former Employee - Investment Specialist

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, You learn a lot about personal finance

Cons

Working in a call center is hard no matter where you are but the environment that this company has created has contributed to more than 20% of the Sales department leaving in the last 6 months. You are over worked and under valued. The micro management is so extreme I've heard someone coached to sit up straighter. You clock in and clock out and every single minute of your day is monitored. There is NO work/life balance. You will have to work weekends and don't even think about getting time off unless you ask 2/3 months in advance. I worked there through 3 holiday seasons and never once got off Christmas Eve or Black Friday off through their "lottery" system. Middle management is rampant with some of the most incompetent people I've met in the industry and like stated in previous posts is very political. Bonus' are not competitive and don't expect a pay increase of more than 2%. There is very little opportunity for advancement outside of a call center position if that is where you started. It doesn't help that they just closed almost all of their branches. Overall I would not recommend staying at this company for my longer than a year.

This is to the GMs and the DMs. You NEED to value your employees more. You're losing your most talented employees and hiring less qualified less intelligent people to talk on the phones. Do you see the problem, especially since you decided to have this be the only venue for investors? Your hiring people that can't even obtain their licenses. Focus more on retention of EMPLOYEES not just investors. Also if you really expect USM to work you better start loosening your pockets. How can you honestly expect an employee to do 4x the work for a $1000 pay increase?

287 Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price (View Most Recent)

Great company. Ability to move around within, but can sometimes hit a ceiling and hard to move from there.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Pay could be a bit better.

no opportunity for quick growth

Current Employee - Service Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Service Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than an year)

Pros

401k match, employee stock, good 1st job

Cons

no effort made to recognize or cultivate talent among young employees

develop programs to help young associates further their careers

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price