There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Overall, great company that puts clients first and operates with integrity.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sound company | strong financial & fund performance | fiscally conservative and overall prudent management and guidance of the firm at the top | good benefits and professional development opportunities | flexibility and independence at most levels of the organization | community involvement encouraged | overall high caliber of people at all levels

Cons

Challenges related to rapid growth. Lack of technology integration across systems requires more manual intervention, making it challenging to get work done timely and effectively. Less focus on management and associate development than in prior years.

Seek input and ideas for growth from all levels of the organization. Encourage division leadership to lead by example by taking more accountability for issues/project fails

267 Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price (View Most Recent)

Great to get your career started.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work with a lot of amazing people. There are a lot of different personalities and its very diverse. TRP will pay for licenses and give you study time during work hours.

Cons

Not a lot room for advancement in Tampa unless you move to Maryland (their headquarters). Perception is everything. The person who talks a good game but doesn't perform as strongly will be ranked higher than the person who doesn't brag about themselves but has better metrics.

Spend less time in meetings. When hiring- look deeper than that person's perceived image.

What's wrong with me now is absolutely correct

Current Employee - Retirement Specialist - In Plan  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Retirement Specialist - In Plan in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than a year

Pros

recession proof employment, unless the market were to dive like in 2008 you'll pretty much always have this job as long as you can tolerate it

Cons

EVERYTHING - the writer who posted "what's wrong with me now" got it spot on ! ....In PSC we are constantly micromanaged!. There are only two types of employees at TRowe; those who are under the bus, and those who are constantly throwing you under it. The only incentive to hit numbers and meet metrics is so you can stay out of trouble, but given that all mistakes are blamed on the front line customer facing phone reps that's pretty next to impossible. Supervisors are a special kind of absent, when they are around they are too busy to help you, but instead will sit at their computers and stalk your online activity. The only thing that matters to anyone with a title is answering as many calls as possible, not that they would actually log in and assist with that effort. This is all they know. When it comes to solving problems you will dismissed and told to ask someone else. It''s bad. General managers - another very elusive bunch. Not accessbile, not accountable, not concerned with the welfare or morale of the workforce that takes the brunt of all the stress both externally from clients or the ridiculous demands forced upon us. If you like "don't question a thing" dictatorship style management you've found the place. If you want to be valued for your work and compensated fairly seriously reconsider working here. You will regret it.

What can really be said that you'll actually do anything about ? How about hiring Gallup to anonymously poll your employees in the participant service center - now there's some advice ! I dare you --- while you're at it,, enough with mandatory overtime no one wants - stop it. We're worn out, burned out, exhausted !

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!