Conservative but energetic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The working environment is nice. Employees are friendly and welcoming to new comings. Employee benifit is good and you can feel that the company is very supportive.

Cons

Location. The office sits in a office park with a driving distance to downtown. Because of the industry characteristic, the organizational culture is conservative.

Advice to Management

The organization structure is relatively flat. Employees can feel involved in decision making process. And the communications between the departments is very good.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

the good: No pressures, the bad: No challenges

Current Employee - Performance Intern in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Performance Intern in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

I had a relatively good experience as an intern at T. Rowe Price. My manager was extremely supportive in helping me find a future career path; regardless, of if it was within the company or not. TRP is the perfect place for someone who does not want the pressures and stresses that come with working for other investment firms.

Cons

The main reason why I will not be returning full-time is the company's overall low morale. I found it hard to take an offer when I could be excited about my future at TRP.

Advice to Management

The best advice I would give to TRP management would be to be more open to change and to add stronger incentives to be hard work.

T. Rowe Price

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The investment personnel are really dedicated to outperforming their benchmarks and relevant indexes and putting the clients' interests first. People that work in different asset classes are very willing to offer insights to you, and there's a lot of communication back and forth if you're willing to seek it out.

Cons

One downside is that by not being based in New York, you have to travel farther to attend company meetings and industry conferences as opposed to taking the subway from your office.

Advice to Management

We should continue to push international expansion so that we can be viewed as a more global asset management firm and really grow assets under management.