There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Great Job

Current Employee - Fund Accountant  in  Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Great entry level job. I got hired straight out of college for a $40k+ job that is great experience and a great resume builder.

Cons

Only downside that I have seen is that there is an abundance of young people which gives it the feel of a high school. In short it doesn't seem like many people stay with the company for their entire career.

The benefits are good but could be better. I think employee stock options instead of an employee stock purchase program would be a better boost to morale.

267 Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price (View Most Recent)

2 1/2 Years in Hell

Former Employee - Investment Specialist  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

If you're fresh out of college and want to get into the financial industry this would be a great place to start. They will cover the cost of your licensing teach you about mutual funds and annuities. They will help you obtain your series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 (combo 63/65). The benefits are great, and they pick up a lot of the cost of your health insurance premiums.

Cons

If you are over 45 years of age, forget advancement. It's a 20 -30 something company if you're re-inventing yourself. Lower and middle management is immature and inexperienced. Last week's process was A, this week's is B. Communication is so poor, you'll only find out about B because you're getting written up about still performing A. Innovation on the bottom ranks is not rewarded, and sometimes presented to upper management with the lower supervisor's name as the originator.

They asked me this question when I resigned and my answer was, "If you really cared, you would have listened to me while I was there." OK, so here's my answer: Hire Michael Gerber of E-Myth to repair and integrate your broken systems. Hire Jack Welch to teach your middle and lower management how to get your employees to grasp your vision, take ownership and run with it. Let your employees take calculated risks. Reward, don't punish innovation and you'll find your turn over greatly reduced and employee morale up.

A good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Health & Retirement Benefits, fitness ctr, cafeteria

Cons

Salaries not commensurate with other similar industries

More meaningful salary/clasification surverys

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!