There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

2 1/2 Years in Hell

Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

If you're fresh out of college and want to get into the financial industry this would be a great place to start. They will cover the cost of your licensing teach you about mutual funds and annuities. They will help you obtain your series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 (combo 63/65). The benefits are great, and they pick up a lot of the cost of your health insurance premiums.

Cons

If you are over 45 years of age, forget advancement. It's a 20 -30 something company if you're re-inventing yourself. Lower and middle management is immature and inexperienced. Last week's process was A, this week's is B. Communication is so poor, you'll only find out about B because you're getting written up about still performing A. Innovation on the bottom ranks is not rewarded, and sometimes presented to upper management with the lower supervisor's name as the originator.

Advice to Management

They asked me this question when I resigned and my answer was, "If you really cared, you would have listened to me while I was there." OK, so here's my answer: Hire Michael Gerber of E-Myth to repair and integrate your broken systems. Hire Jack Welch to teach your middle and lower management how to get your employees to grasp your vision, take ownership and run with it. Let your employees take calculated risks. Reward, don't punish innovation and you'll find your turn over greatly reduced and employee morale up.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Health & Retirement Benefits, fitness ctr, cafeteria

Cons

Salaries not commensurate with other similar industries

Advice to Management

More meaningful salary/clasification surverys

2. Conservative but energetic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

The working environment is nice. Employees are friendly and welcoming to new comings. Employee benifit is good and you can feel that the company is very supportive.

Cons

Location. The office sits in a office park with a driving distance to downtown. Because of the industry characteristic, the organizational culture is conservative.

Advice to Management

The organization structure is relatively flat. Employees can feel involved in decision making process. And the communications between the departments is very good.

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price