Good company, good work (new employee, <1 yr on the job)

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Engineer II in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Fell more like a person than a number since the company is much smaller than the "Big Three" [Aerospace/Defense contractors - LM, NG, Boeing], but still a lot of flexibility in available work/contracts to get involved in. Everyone seems to pull their weight; program management and division management always ask to see if you like what you are working on or if you want to work on something different. It seems that paid overtime is available if you want it and ask for it (in case you want/need extra money to pay bills, plan a wedding/vacation, etc.). People seem to care about you as a person; even though business development is important, employees are still respected and taken into account/not taken for granted.

Cons

So far, for myself, nothing has been a downside. I've heard working on proposals is a lot of overtime, and sometimes not paid, but mostly this is only if you work for the corporate office or are in program management.

So far, my review of management (what I've seen) is that they are doing a good job; they care for their people, they make sure their people like what they're doing, and they are very supportive if you have personal issues that take you away from your job (they ask others to donate their Paid Time Off (PTO) on behalf of others who might be going through issues that take them away from work or they help out people who ask them for paid overtime if they are in need of it). They communicate well and know everyone in their section/division. They make you feel like a person and not just a number.

Other Reviews for TASC

Good place to start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

It is a very good environment to begin a good solid career. Managment seems to care about their team, and strive to make you happy. There seems to be avenues for personal growth, and the salary is very fair.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be any CONS, except for lack of communication at times.

I would reccommend that management make it clear what your goals and objectives should be, and insure that the employees know who they are working for, and their assignments.

Engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Lots of travel, great benefits and good starting salary. There needs to be more flexibility with the staff and where home base needs to be.

Cons

Not too much to do when not on the road. Majority of the time in the office is merely a waiting game.

Communication is key and needs to be improved among the team. Be as flexible with your employees as they are for you.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!