There are newer employer reviews for TASC

My experience with TASC has been very fulfilling both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Not only do I enjoy knowing that my job and my company make a positive impact on the safety of the country, I really enjoy the people I work with at TASC. We have a wonderful workforce filled with highly intelligent, dedicated, friendly and responsive people. In addition, from my experience, the senior management team does not just ‘talk the talk’ but also ‘walks the walk’. They have proven over time that they listen and respond to the feedback they receive and integrate it into new strategies and policies for the betterment of the company.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a challenge that lies with a lot of companies that provide government advisory services. A significant portion of the workforce is regional/onsite with the customer. However, TASC has done an excellent job mitigating the communication challenges accompaying this, including many regional visits by the leadership team and even the CEO.

As TASC continues to put the structure in place through its reorganization to best meet the needs of its' customers, my advice would be to continue emphasizing communication across the organization.

122 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

Good company, good work (new employee, <1 yr on the job)

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Fell more like a person than a number since the company is much smaller than the "Big Three" [Aerospace/Defense contractors - LM, NG, Boeing], but still a lot of flexibility in available work/contracts to get involved in. Everyone seems to pull their weight; program management and division management always ask to see if you like what you are working on or if you want to work on something different. It seems that paid overtime is available if you want it and ask for it (in case you want/need extra money to pay bills, plan a wedding/vacation, etc.). People seem to care about you as a person; even though business development is important, employees are still respected and taken into account/not taken for granted.

Cons

So far, for myself, nothing has been a downside. I've heard working on proposals is a lot of overtime, and sometimes not paid, but mostly this is only if you work for the corporate office or are in program management.

So far, my review of management (what I've seen) is that they are doing a good job; they care for their people, they make sure their people like what they're doing, and they are very supportive if you have personal issues that take you away from your job (they ask others to donate their Paid Time Off (PTO) on behalf of others who might be going through issues that take them away from work or they help out people who ask them for paid overtime if they are in need of it). They communicate well and know everyone in their section/division. They make you feel like a person and not just a number.

Good place to start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

It is a very good environment to begin a good solid career. Managment seems to care about their team, and strive to make you happy. There seems to be avenues for personal growth, and the salary is very fair.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be any CONS, except for lack of communication at times.

I would reccommend that management make it clear what your goals and objectives should be, and insure that the employees know who they are working for, and their assignments.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!