There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Reorg & recompete wins result in benefit cuts, dysfunctional reporting/mgt structure, poor work environment.

Former Employee - Program Manager III in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Program Manager III in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC

Pros

Senior leadership looking to future to remain competitive in challenging govt contracting services environment.

Cons

Contract leadership has crushed the once positive work environment. IT Tools & processes needed to facilitate additional workload required of mgrs as result of reorg are broken and actually add to workload. HR personnel are aloof and uncaring as they inform people of furloughs and RIFs.

Advice to Management

Standardize and stabilize benefits. Two tiered structure creating friction between haves and have nots. Uncleared contract work groups already underpaid, reducing their benefits adds insult to injury. Corporate needs to find a means of sharing differences in contract pain across the enterprise.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work right out of school

Current Employee - Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

The environment is for the most part relaxing and easy going. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a think tank and not a corporation. The pay and benefits are good and flexible time (depending on the program you are working on) is a great thing to have.

Cons

I have never actually met a customer for the program and do not really know if any of the work I do is useful. The long term opportunities seem limited but that may be a symptom of the defense industry and government and not directly because of the management at TASC.

Advice to Management

Handle problem employees early and often otherwise there will be bigger issues down the road.

My experience with TASC has been very fulfilling both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Not only do I enjoy knowing that my job and my company make a positive impact on the safety of the country, I really enjoy the people I work with at TASC. We have a wonderful workforce filled with highly intelligent, dedicated, friendly and responsive people. In addition, from my experience, the senior management team does not just ‘talk the talk’ but also ‘walks the walk’. They have proven over time that they listen and respond to the feedback they receive and integrate it into new strategies and policies for the betterment of the company.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a challenge that lies with a lot of companies that provide government advisory services. A significant portion of the workforce is regional/onsite with the customer. However, TASC has done an excellent job mitigating the communication challenges accompaying this, including many regional visits by the leadership team and even the CEO.

Advice to Management

As TASC continues to put the structure in place through its reorganization to best meet the needs of its' customers, my advice would be to continue emphasizing communication across the organization.