There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Solidly run company, but under continual re-organization, with significant lay-offs and turn-over.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC

Pros

Strong business base, with well run managerial skill sets and practices. TASC knows where it needs to go, and the methodology for reaching those goals.

Cons

Management's re-organization efforts have left employees in a state of dissatisfaction, and strong that the organization has little care for the employees.

The company's success is based with its employees, so while watching the bottm line is important, don't forget that you need to take care of your TASC family.

126 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

Reorg & recompete wins result in benefit cuts, dysfunctional reporting/mgt structure, poor work environment.

Former Employee - Program Manager III in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager III in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC

Pros

Senior leadership looking to future to remain competitive in challenging govt contracting services environment.

Cons

Contract leadership has crushed the once positive work environment. IT Tools & processes needed to facilitate additional workload required of mgrs as result of reorg are broken and actually add to workload. HR personnel are aloof and uncaring as they inform people of furloughs and RIFs.

Standardize and stabilize benefits. Two tiered structure creating friction between haves and have nots. Uncleared contract work groups already underpaid, reducing their benefits adds insult to injury. Corporate needs to find a means of sharing differences in contract pain across the enterprise.

Good place to work right out of school

Current Employee - Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

The environment is for the most part relaxing and easy going. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a think tank and not a corporation. The pay and benefits are good and flexible time (depending on the program you are working on) is a great thing to have.

Cons

I have never actually met a customer for the program and do not really know if any of the work I do is useful. The long term opportunities seem limited but that may be a symptom of the defense industry and government and not directly because of the management at TASC.

Handle problem employees early and often otherwise there will be bigger issues down the road.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC