There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Toxic Leadership and Minimal Opportunity

Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC
Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a bad place for an entry-level position, or to get your foot in the door right out of college. *Some* managers have been very helpful in allowing me to modify my schedule to reflect other commitments.

Cons

If you start at this company at an entry-level position, that's probably where you'll be when you leave. Low-level employees have no clear path for advancement, just "sideways promotions" where they get shuffled around various contracts until they leave. This policy strongly de-incentivizes any kind of personal initiative on the part of employees.

With a very few exceptions, the low-level managers in this company spend most of their time engaged in CYA garbage, to the detriment of their direct employees, while mid- and upper-level managers are concerned exclusively with playing corporate games and are rarely seen.

No effort is expended on culturing or retaining in-house talent; employees are regarded as interchangeable essentially expendable. This, again, highlights a minimum of internal advancement. What employee resources there are (HR, benefits, etc) seem to be under constant re-organization and as such are not terribly helpful.

Decide whether or not you want TASC to actually have an identity as a company. If not, keep doing things the same way.

131 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

Once a Premier Company - Now just a beltway bandit

Former Employee - Engineer VI in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer VI in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good reputation, still some sole source, very long term contracts, good facilities

Cons

Growth, growth, growth is most important, just like all the other beltway bandits. TASC used to pride itself on NOT being a bandit and having a sterling reputation. Some of that rep still hangs on, but the company has lost its edge. Gives only lip service to caring about people. If someone leads a proposal and gets a big win, they get a big promotion no matter how incompetent a manager they are.

You have destroyed the TASC culture where people were #1 and exceptional performance the norm! Now growth is everything!! I was once SO PROUD to be a TASCer; guys from other firms were envious! But now TASC just like BAH or SAIC. We've lost our differentiation and it started when we stopped promoting from inside and brought in "fresh blood." It's just so sad to see!

TASC subcontract / contracts departments

Former Employee - Seniore Subcontract Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Seniore Subcontract Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Team oriented, diverese group, growth encouraged

Cons

Recent change of ownership = many changes

There are newer employer reviews for TASC