There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Some really good, and some REALLY bad

Former Employee - Systems Engineer I in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Systems Engineer I in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back, social work environment, good pay and amazing benefits

Cons

Management is atrocious. Specifically in communicating or caring at all about their employees. It was a nightmare trying to exit that company, I didn't know it was possible for a company to make so many errors.

126 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

A ship slowly sinking

Former Employee - Web Designer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time

Pros

Immediate supervisor was very professional and caring.

Cons

Upper management was just the opposite; full of broken promises, declining company benefits, and extremely low morale. Even after being informed about morale, they offered to take us to lunch. Needless to say, they didn't even do that; they just blew us off and pretended nothing happened. Very dissappointed.

Put your employees first for once. Make them feel like they're special, after all, they are the ones making you look good in your declining moments of leadership.

Toxic Leadership and Minimal Opportunity

Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a bad place for an entry-level position, or to get your foot in the door right out of college. *Some* managers have been very helpful in allowing me to modify my schedule to reflect other commitments.

Cons

If you start at this company at an entry-level position, that's probably where you'll be when you leave. Low-level employees have no clear path for advancement, just "sideways promotions" where they get shuffled around various contracts until they leave. This policy strongly de-incentivizes any kind of personal initiative on the part of employees.

With a very few exceptions, the low-level managers in this company spend most of their time engaged in CYA garbage, to the detriment of their direct employees, while mid- and upper-level managers are concerned exclusively with playing corporate games and are rarely seen.

No effort is expended on culturing or retaining in-house talent; employees are regarded as interchangeable essentially expendable. This, again, highlights a minimum of internal advancement. What employee resources there are (HR, benefits, etc) seem to be under constant re-organization and as such are not terribly helpful.

Decide whether or not you want TASC to actually have an identity as a company. If not, keep doing things the same way.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC