TASC

There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Hard-charging, growth-oriented company

Former Employee - Director of Technology in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Director of Technology in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not satisfied with status quo

Cons

Current only offers services to US Federal Government: should diversify its customer base

137 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

job

Current Employee - Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great place to start career.

Cons

low employer contributed 401k plan

listen to your employees requests

Our employees are our most valuable asset... the customer pays for them by the billable hour

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

TASC is a very low-key place to work. It seems like most of my peers are semi-retired military or government employees who are valuable for their prior experience in government or military service and the technical and/or financial management skills. Because so most of the employees here are valued for their prior experience, the job isn't as much about trying to work 80 hours per week like some consulting firms.

The customers really seem to respect the TASC people on site.

People are relatively safe in their work as long as the contract remains active although there will be fewer contracts out there.

Cons

There seems to be little opportunity for advancement. You can work really hard and get little more than a pat on the head. Our team earned a 100% award fee. Instead of bonuses we got pizza.

Seniority really seems to count here.

The fact that many of the employees are retired military and government who have access to benefits like military health benefits makes it bad for the rest of us. The health insurance benefits really need improvement and my managers and co-workers (who are retired military) don't seem to care much. Pay seems to have barely kept up with inflation, the benefits have gotten worse.

Today is the date of the "Snowquester" storm (March 6th, 2013) where there is five inches of snow on the ground at TASC HQ. The federal government is closed. The state is telling people to stay off the roads. TASC is telling people to use their vacation time if they can't get into work and bill your time to the government.

The company is owned by two hedge funds and the management have set some unrealistic goals for themselves. Stand up to KKR and set some realistic expectations. You work for them but you represent us.

Show employees that they can advance. Its really good to be a part of the vigor at the customer site. But when you get back to the company HQ, you just see a bunch of old men hanging around the coffee machine. Is this really what I am supposed to be aspiring to? Why bother trying to exceed expectations if there is no reward for that additional effort.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC