TASC
www.tasc.com Chantilly, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Used to be an Excellent company, until the Private Equity Firms Came

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people with shared goals made the place a great place to work. A lot of diverse projects to work on if you are located in Northern Virginia area. Good pay and flexible work arrangements, depending on the type of position and your manager.

ConsBenefits have declined each year since TASC was sold to KKR and General Atlantic. New Senior Leadership that came in after the sale in 2009 was from outside the Defense Industry and it showed. Everything in the company now is about making more and more money. Consistent downsizing to allow more money to be sent to Equity Firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is all about the people that support the programs for the government. Many people in the company have complained about how much more management was brought into the company after 2009, while many productive staft, especially those that support across the corporation, where laid off. Morale has greatly suffered because of this, and that is sad. TASC used to do fun things with for their employees, not so now. It is just a place to get a paycheck.

marking time

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of freedom to set the core hours that you work, occasional telecommuting, travel… Cons: Continual concern about your position, lots of lay offs right now, the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company overall

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee)
Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good managers wiling to help you out, interesting work, friendly… Cons: Some benefits have decreased in the last couple of years such as less contribution/matching to 401k plans, certain aspects of health care plans have become… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TASC.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TASC CEO John Hynes. All reviews posted anonymously by TASC employees.