There are newer employer reviews for TASC

TASC aka (The Analytical Science Corporation)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Depending on you experience and skills, salaries are in line with industry.
Some of the line managers are outstanding to work with.
TASC has a proven track record of providing quality personnel and deliverable products to their customers.

Cons

Since bought by investment bankers, TASC acts like a cash poor company.
Mid to senior level positions seem to be filled by outside hires for our competitors.
Most employees who work at "customer site" are treated as second class employees.

Look inside TASC for some of mid to senior positions. Ask your employees if they are interested. When you fill a senior position with someone from another company, at times it is insulting to current employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Professionally rewarding and well-supported at customer work site

Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

HQ support to offsite contractor personnel

Cons

Dealing w/ a very difficult DoD customer

Bid low dollars in response to RFQs to sustain contact and support to customers. Tough contracting environment in budget-constrained DoD

unhelpful...

Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA
    Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA

I worked at TASC as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I would imagine that there are several good reasons to work for TASC. I wouldn't know of any.

Cons

I was a sub-contractor to TASC working out of the Lorton, VA facility. I was a semi-permament sub-contractor with the hope of going permament eventually. Not only was I discarded, the TASC employees were VERY unsupportative of me and my team. I was dismissed right after the beginning of the year with my TASC management telling me that I had "done all they needed me to do" and that I "bascially worked myself out of a job" 8 months of hard work and late hours and multiple cross-country trips and I'm summarily dismissed because I was a sub-contractor instead of a full time TASC employee.

COMMUNICATE! My team and I made SEVERAL official requests for direction and made multiple plans of how we thought our work should progress (which was a task outside of our scope) ultimately to have all our plans tossed aside and go with a completely random plan that was never in our initial purview. I can't imagine that the folks that are still there are actually accomplishing anything.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC