Improving cultural environment

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership making significant effort to improve culture, work environment, and career development paths

Cons

Govt contracting environment faces significant challenges and the trend in pricing (and hence compensation/benefits) is still negative

Continue current course. Keep up the improved communications.

Other Reviews for TASC

N

Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Only worked on a single contract for 9 years and I can only speak to what I saw. The people, at mid and lower management levels were great; worker bees were also a great bunch of people. There are IT Sys Admin type position available but is probably like every where else, you're at the mercy of the contract.

Cons

First, these are all my opinions about things. I'm sure that management types would rush to disagree but......Things changed for the worst when Northrop Grumman divested itself of TASC to meet govt conflict of interest requirements. TASC was purchased by investment companies and things downhill as emphasis seemed to be more on the bottom line; personnel went by the wayside. And then with all the budget cutbacks, the atmosphere around the company actually seemed to turn into one of those "afraid to speak disparagingly about anything". Really depressing; can't say what it is like now because after 9 years, company lost project re-compete....ergo, I lost my job.

Buy the company back, make it employee owned. Many years ago before I started working there, I always heard TASC was a great place to work.

Good opportunities, compentent senior management, line managers were incompetent

I worked at TASC

Pros

availability of positions and contracts throughout the IC and DOD

Cons

if you worked off-site, you were forgotten

There are newer employer reviews for TASC.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!