An evolving company

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Takes care of people, for example, covered its people impacted by the recent government shutdown much better than it's direct competition.

Cons

Lack of control of overhead rankles middle management and some of the executives. From outside the leadership team it appears the company is bringing in more executives rather than investing in discriminators.

Advice to Management

Provide more specific direction on and assistance in contributing to the company's goals. Take the good top-level stuff, for example, the company's values, and provide the rank and file help in living them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A once great place to work, semi-ruined by NGC Corporatization and Venture Cap Ownership

Current Employee - Business Development in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

TASC seems to still be ethically run, and attempts to maintain its soul.

Cons

Once the Venture Capitalists took over they made several dismal business decisions. That coupled with long term customers wanting a fresh start, and choosing other companies resulted in some catastrophic contract losses, and at a terrible time with grim economic downturn, etc.

Advice to Management

They would be wise to own up to the massive errors and correct them instead of staying the course, and/or going further down the wrong path.

unhelpful...

Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA
    Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA

I worked at TASC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I would imagine that there are several good reasons to work for TASC. I wouldn't know of any.

Cons

I was a sub-contractor to TASC working out of the Lorton, VA facility. I was a semi-permament sub-contractor with the hope of going permament eventually. Not only was I discarded, the TASC employees were VERY unsupportative of me and my team. I was dismissed right after the beginning of the year with my TASC management telling me that I had "done all they needed me to do" and that I "bascially worked myself out of a job" 8 months of hard work and late hours and multiple cross-country trips and I'm summarily dismissed because I was a sub-contractor instead of a full time TASC employee.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE! My team and I made SEVERAL official requests for direction and made multiple plans of how we thought our work should progress (which was a task outside of our scope) ultimately to have all our plans tossed aside and go with a completely random plan that was never in our initial purview. I can't imagine that the folks that are still there are actually accomplishing anything.