There are newer employer reviews for TASC

Great place to intern and learn

Current Employee - Intern in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Intern in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

(Internship) Work is meaningful and challenging. They give you opportunities to present to senior management at the end of the year, and people that work with you are genuinely interested in the work that you do.

Cons

Not a ton of structure, so you have to be self-motivated

126 Other Employee Reviews for TASC (View Most Recent)

An evolving company

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Takes care of people, for example, covered its people impacted by the recent government shutdown much better than it's direct competition.

Cons

Lack of control of overhead rankles middle management and some of the executives. From outside the leadership team it appears the company is bringing in more executives rather than investing in discriminators.

Provide more specific direction on and assistance in contributing to the company's goals. Take the good top-level stuff, for example, the company's values, and provide the rank and file help in living them.

unhelpful...

Former Employee - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA
    Former Employee - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA

I worked at TASC as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I would imagine that there are several good reasons to work for TASC. I wouldn't know of any.

Cons

I was a sub-contractor to TASC working out of the Lorton, VA facility. I was a semi-permament sub-contractor with the hope of going permament eventually. Not only was I discarded, the TASC employees were VERY unsupportative of me and my team. I was dismissed right after the beginning of the year with my TASC management telling me that I had "done all they needed me to do" and that I "bascially worked myself out of a job" 8 months of hard work and late hours and multiple cross-country trips and I'm summarily dismissed because I was a sub-contractor instead of a full time TASC employee.

COMMUNICATE! My team and I made SEVERAL official requests for direction and made multiple plans of how we thought our work should progress (which was a task outside of our scope) ultimately to have all our plans tossed aside and go with a completely random plan that was never in our initial purview. I can't imagine that the folks that are still there are actually accomplishing anything.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC