There are newer employer reviews for TASC

TASC has great potential for growth - but employees have to help!

I worked at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BU structure provides a "small company" feel. It isn't hard to get to know the management from top to bottom.

Cons

There are a lot of senior people with lots of experience and a lot of junior people with very little - and not much in between.

Advice to Management

Tell us how we can help

Other Employee Reviews for TASC

1. I have been fortunate to work withTASC and contributed successfully to TASC Mission and has been rewarded by TASC.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunity to grow, if you are motivated

Cons

Lost many project during 2012 and 2013

Advice to Management

In this competitive environment, need to send as many proposal you can to win new business. I am willing to help as I supported Kingdom of Saudi Arabia proposal effort and willing to support more proposal effort. MY expertise are in Modeling and Simulation of computer systems and communication networks, satellite communication, Requirement analysis and validation, Enterprise Architecture design,

2. Lost its way...

Pros

TASC was a great company when I started working for them over a decade ago. They had a great Systems Engineering niche supporting DoD and the Intelligence Community.

Cons

Too many non-billable Senior Executives that didn't produce results with contract wins. They recently started cleaning house. TASC lost its way after the divestiture from Northrop Grumman. They no longer have the niche they had. They are in a very crowded SETA support field now and are no longer providing anything special to their customers.

Advice to Management

Cut out the Senior Executive fat... Find a new niche (Enterprise Cloud Services Optimization Strategic through Tactical Portfolio Management, Enterprise Management of Cloud IT, Big Data Analytics)... Treat your billable employees with respect and support... And STOP hiring retired Senior Feds thinking they will bring in business. In my experience its rare that they do because they don't understand how private industry works...i.e., being accountable to produce results and contribute to the bottom line.