There are newer employer reviews for TASC

TASC revisited

I worked at TASC

Pros

good base of technical talent.

Cons

Enterprise resources were not responsive and timely for supporting quick proposal turnarounds.

Take care of your people in actions and not just in words.

reviews filtered by
  1. Enjoyed my time with TASC and the team I worked with.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company and management when I was there.
    Very good compensation and benefits.
    People in my group were exceptional professionals from the admins to fellow engineers
    Excellent training benefits
    Consistent Fair regular reviews and feedback
    East coast managers and team were inclusive even when some of us were cross country.

Cons

Was remote from the east coast organization which made it impossible to attend any internal professional training without impacting my customer.
    Segments of the IT infrastructure didn't work well for remote employees and it sometimes made it difficult to participate or contribute in a meaningful manner.

2. Some good people to work with, but team as a whole lacks cohesion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at TASC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Although paid time off is limited TASC provides a flexible schedule to maximize the paid time provided. Depending on the customer a team member supports this could also include opportunities to work remote. In general a good group of professionals to work with. Most team members work well with others and managers are cordial and interested in the success of each team member. TASC has made some progress in realigning discrepancies between company office employees and customer site employees by providing same amount of time off to both groups. Compensation tends to be in line with industry, but can be diminished by a lesser benefits package.

Cons

On site management lacks skills at team management and team advocacy. On site management also provides engineering support so that professional tasks and people management concerns compete for time. On site management leadership known to punish entire team for misconduct of individual team member. Depending on the role of a team member responsibilities may be vaguely defined and poorly understood by management. As a result management has neither knowledge and/or time to adequately address team member concerns. Low bid contract hinders advancement and raises within the same team. Minimal paid time off.

Train customer site management and team on team management and advocacy. More team building events that involve the whole team in an inclusive manner. Include team awareness as to what each team role involves so that team mangers and individual team members understand what each role contributes and can effectively support one another.

There are newer employer reviews for TASC