Good college job.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at TCF Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with hours. They are willing to work around your class schedule. Opportunity for advancement is good. Great pay for a part time college job (not for a career).

Cons

Poor upper management. Most branch staff isn't given enough training to do their job. Most branches are short staffed because of low pay. They are desperate for anyone to work there so it is near impossible for someone to get fired. Also technology is poor and makes it difficult to do your job.

Pay more and hold employees to a higher standard. If pay was higher more qualified people would apply and turn over wouldn't be so high.

Other Reviews for TCF Bank

Great work culture.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TCF Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good friends, competitive play, decent hours make TCF a good bank to work for. Definitely a good place to get your start in sales of financial services.

Cons

Customers can be pretty ignorant, some employees are not that much brighter. Lots of unpleasant customer service experience stories because of this, which damages the brand.

I could summarize my experience at TCF as long, retail hours, high-pressure sales, and massive turnover.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at TCF Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of change. Just when you start getting to know a manager, they get transferred to another branch or they leave the company. I mean like every 2 or 3 months. There is a lot of staff turnover, but it gives you a chance to help train new sales associates. The constant change also opens up a lot of opportunity, so I look at this as a pro.

Cons

Sales goals are paramount. If the store is empty and there are no customers, there is still no excuse for not getting sales on your shift, and there are consequences for not meeting daily goals, even when you are just coming off a very successful month or quarter.

There are newer employer reviews for TCF Bank.

Worked for TCF Bank? Contribute to the Community!